Richard has worked with PCI since 1990 and is currently product manager for PCI’s Project Management curriculum. For the past 18 years, he has been teaching this curriculum to organizations in a wide spectrum of industries:
• Information Technology (BGC Partners, Mellon Bank, Dynavox Corporation, Alcatel, Molex);
• Defense (Lockheed-Martin, BAE Systems, Bell Helicopter, United Technology Corporation);
• Healthcare (Baxter Healthcare, GE Healthcare, Pfizer, Bayer, Smith-Kline-Beechum);
• Engineering Design and Product Launches (Williams Gas Pipelines, Perkin-Elmer Opto-
Electronics, Motorola, Cambridge Technology, Sunrise Medical Respiratory and Mobility Divisions); and
• Finance ( Hewitt Associates, Chase Manhattan, American Express, Paine-Webber, Morgan Stanley, and Capital One).
He started his career in academia as a university professor teaching communications at various institutions, including Juniata College, Cypress College, and The Pennsylvania State University in State College. In 1985, he left academia and began his business career. He has held positions as VP of HR for North American Operations of Sunrise Medical, Director of Training & Organizational Development for Intuitive Surgical (a manufacturer of
surgical robots), Internal Consultant for Baxter Healthcare, Director of Training for the Metropolitan Water District of So. Cal., and HRD Consultant for the Engineering and Construction Division of Southern California Edison. In each position, part of his responsibility was the development of project management capabilities in technical professionals. In addition, during his tenure with these organizations, he has consulted in the planning
and execution of a variety of projects: the design and construction of The Domenigoni Reservoir in Southern California (a $2 Billion project), installation of SAP systems, new product launches of communication assistance devices, Learning Management Systems, and several gas pipeline projects in the Western United States.
Richard is a member of the Project Management Institute, the International Society for Performance Improvement, The Organization Development Network, & ASTD.