This page is from a past PMIWDC event.
If this is not what you were looking for, visit the Educational Seminars page to find out about upcoming events, or read more about why PMIWDC does not delete these pages.
EmPowered! PMP Workshop
7 PDU’s will be awarded to Seminar participants
Location and Cost
(Fee includes seminar, materials, breakfast, and lunch)
$325.00 Onsite Member Registration
$350.00 Onsite Nonmember Registration
Early Registrants: The first 100 registrants will receive a free copy of Sheila Savar’s book The Power Of Networking. It will be handed out the day of the workshop.
Crowne Plaza Hotel
1960 Chain Bridge Road
McLean, Virginia 22102
Phone: (703) 893-2100
8:00 AM - Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:30 AM - Seminar Begins
3:30 PM - Seminar Ends
Cancellation policy: Full refund of course fee if notification received 48 hours or more before first class begins. No refunds will be made for cancellations received less than 48 hours before the first session.
About the Program
Does your leadership behavior inspire cooperation or incite a coup? Are you an emotional reactor or a detached diffuser? Do you believe that emotions have their place – but not at work? Are you getting the level of cooperation and support you need to succeed? Are you motivated by the desire to succeed or the fear of failure? Does fear of failure prevent you from taking risks and fully enjoying your work, relationships and life? Do you have the level of success and happiness that you want? Are you ready to learn and apply a methodology that affords you the success, relationships, health and happiness you desire and deserve?Join Sheila Savar in this impactful workshop – with case studies - where you’ll learn:
- Behavior’s direct impact on project performance and success.
- Why Self-awareness is key to greater professional and personal success.
- The significant role emotions play in effective PM and the danger of ignoring them.
- The ‘One Thing’ most responsible for sabotaging conversations, relationships and accomplishments.
- How to comfortably engage in difficult conversations – with anyone - without triggering fight/flight response.
- The five EQ competencies that make you a better managing people, projects and risks.
- The leadership skills that inspire desired behavioral change in others - earning their trust and loyalty.
- How stress destroys human engagement, health and success.
- Stress management techniques you can use anywhere – anytime.
Sheila Savar will share networking strategies and tips from her book The Power Of Networking. The presentation will be followed by a ‘live’ networking session whereby attendees practice what they learned to make valuable new connections and/or create desired opportunities. In this presentation, you’ll Learn:
- Why a Networking Strategy is key to your networking success.
- How to select the right networking events to meet your current goals and objectives.
- 5 Networking Tips that Differentiate.
- How to help and be helped to meet objectives by all in attendance at every networking event!
Early Registrants: The first
100 registrants receive a free copy of Sheila Savar’s book The Power Of Networking. It will be
handed out the day of the workshop.
About the Speaker
Sheila Savar is the CEO of The Savar Institute. Established in 2002, the firm specializes in enhancing human connectivity skills to advance performance and drive business growth and success.
Described by clients and audiences as genuine, impactful and
inspiring; Sheila is an author developmental facilitator, keynote and
coach that has earned acclaim from global business leaders such as The
World Bank, Unisys, BAE, CACI, BT Americas, Microsoft, AOL, Duetche
Telekom, PMI – to name a few.
In 2008, Sheila authored her first book The Power of Networking, which at that time had been her most requested speaker topic.
In 2009 she was admitted to Vistage International as an Expert Resource Speaker. Vistage is a prestigious organization with over 15,000 CEO members in 16 countries and only first-in-class Keynotes and Presenter are selected for admission.