Alan Zucker, PMP
Project Management Essentials
8:00 AM - Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:30 AM - Seminar Begins
4:30 PM - Seminar Ends
(Fee includes seminar, materials, breakfast, and lunch)
$340.00 - Member Registration
$365.00 - Nonmember Registration
Agile Essentials is a one-day course that will explore the key concepts and components of Agile software development. Per the Standish Group, Agile projects are three-times more likely to be successful than traditional, waterfall projects. Agile represents a new way of working and organizing projects and project teams.
This course will provide an overview of the Agile landscape and provide a working understanding of common practices. The students will participate in several hands-on exercises to reinforce the concepts presented in class.
Intended Audience: Both business and technology professionals who want to understand the transformational opportunities of Agile will benefit from this course, including:
- Project managers
- Business users and managers involved in software projects
- Technology managers interested in transforming their teams
- Technology team members interested in understanding Agile development methods
Course Objectives: At the end of this course, participants will:
- Appreciate the values and principles of the Agile Manifesto
- Understand the key components of Agile development methodologies
- See the value of Agile practices through hands-on exercises
- Learn how to use Kanban boards to manage the flow of work
- Recognize the roles and ceremonies of Scrum
About the Speaker
Alan Zucker, PMP
Alan Zucker has over 25-years of experience managing projects and leading project organizations in Fortune 100 companies. He has delivered thousands of successful projects and managed major strategic initiatives.
As a leader, Alan has transformed organizations. He simultaneously improved client satisfaction while reducing the cost of project execution. He led an Agile transformation that delivered significant, measurable benefits to the enterprise.
In 2016, he founded Project Management Essentials to provide training and consulting services. His areas of expertise are project management, Agile transformation, and leadership. He is a keynote speaker and provides customized training to his clients.
Alan publishes monthly articles LinkedIn, Planning Planet, and Project Connections. He is also a frequent contributor on Agile Alliance.