Winter 2017 PMP Prep Course
Winter 2017 PMP Prep Course
PCI's Project Management
DatesFour consecutive all-day Saturday and Sunday sessions beginning on February 25th. Please see Course Schedule below for more details.
CostPMIWDC Members = $975/person
Non-Members = $995/person
Full -Time Students = $875/person (Please contact us at email@example.com to inquire about this special rate)
Cancellation policy: Full refund of course fee if notification received 48 hours or more before first class begins. No refunds will be made for cancellations received less than 48 hours before the first session.
PMP Preparation Classes
A thorough review of all topics covered on the PMP certification exam.
PMIWDC PMP Exam
Preparation course helped me to focus my study efforts on key topics
and principles essential for passing the PMP exam. All of the
instructors were seasoned professionals who patiently answered my
questions and really inspired me to achieve my PMP certification.
Reviewing the course materials, study tips, and recommended references
provided all the tools for success---I highly recommend this class!"
--Maria A. Kolenda, PMP, Past Participant
passed the exam with a
comfortable margin – I could not have done so without this course.”
--Allan Sager, PMP, Past Participant
The classes are intended
to help participants prepare for the PMP exam, and are taught by
certified Project Management Professionals, who have years of practical
experience. Those wishing to attend the classes should
have a background in project management fundamentals. The course will
serve as a review for experienced project managers preparing
for the PMP Exam. A continental breakfast, beverages and lunch will be
provided each day.
The review courses are structured according to A Guide to the PMBOK 5th Edition knowledge areas, with a full-day review of the five phases of the project life cycle. The course instruction is taught by experts in the subject matter. The order of the topics to be presented may change.
Registered participants will
receive prep course materials used during class instruction to include
sample exam questions.
The chapter recommends that participants taking this class be qualified and plan a scheduled date for their PMP exam soon after the end of the class. Please note that PMI requires that all of the project management courseware needed for the 35 contact hours be completed at time of application. Therefore, if you are using the 26 contact hours provided by this course as part of your necessary contact hours, you must complete the course before you submit your application.
This course is intended to reduce the overall hours of study required to pass the PMP exam. Please register/qualify to take the exam by completing the PMI Global Operations Center (GOC) registration form available on the PMI website. After you receive notice from PMI GOC of your qualification to take the exam, Prometric will administer the PMP exam on a date and time you arrange. This can be done at any time of year and at a number of different sites. In addition, it is helpful to review PMI's PMP Certification Handbook for further guidance on preparing for the exam. Please see our PMP Exam FAQs for additional information.
Course SchedulePlease note that this schedule is tentative and subject to change.
February 25th - 8:30am-4:00pm
- PMBOK®Guide® Chapter 1- An Introduction to Project Management Certification
- PMBOK®Guide® Chapter 2 - Project Life Cycle and Organization
- Session 2: PMBOK®Guide® Chapter 3 - Project Management Processes for a Project
- Session 3: PMBOK®Guide® Chapter 4 - Project Integration Management
February 26th - 8:30am-4:00pm
- Session 4: PMBOK®Guide® Chapter 5 - Project Scope Management
- PMBOK®Guide® Chapter 6 - Project Time Management
- Session 6: PMBOK®Guide® Chapter 7 - Project Cost Management
March 4th- 8:30am-4:00pm
- Session 7: PMBOK®Guide® Chapter 8 - Project Quality Management
- Session 8: PMBOK®Guide® Chapter 9 - Project Human Resource Management
- Session 9: PMBOK®Guide® Chapter 10 - Project Communications Management
March 5th - 8:30am-4:00pm
- Session 10: PMBOK®Guide® Chapter 11 - Project Risk Management
- Session 11: PMBOK®Guide® Chapter 12 - Project Procurement Management
- Session 12: PMBOK®Guide® Chapter 13- Project Stakeholder Management
About the Speaker
Richard has worked with PCI since 1990 and is currently product manager for PCI’s Project Management curriculum. For the past 18 years, he has been teaching this curriculum to organizations in a wide spectrum of industries:
• Information Technology (BGC Partners, Mellon Bank, Dynavox Corporation, Alcatel, Molex);
• Defense (Lockheed-Martin, BAE Systems, Bell Helicopter, United Technology Corporation);
• Healthcare (Baxter Healthcare, GE Healthcare, Pfizer, Bayer, Smith-Kline-Beechum);
• Engineering Design and Product Launches (Williams Gas Pipelines, Perkin-Elmer Opto-
Electronics, Motorola, Cambridge Technology, Sunrise Medical Respiratory and Mobility Divisions); and
• Finance ( Hewitt Associates, Chase Manhattan, American Express, Paine-Webber, Morgan Stanley, and Capital One).
He started his career in academia as a university professor teaching communications at various institutions, including Juniata College, Cypress College, and The Pennsylvania State University in State College. In 1985, he left academia and began his business career. He has held positions as VP of HR for North American Operations of Sunrise Medical, Director of Training & Organizational Development for Intuitive Surgical (a manufacturer of
surgical robots), Internal Consultant for Baxter Healthcare, Director of Training for the Metropolitan Water District of So. Cal., and HRD Consultant for the Engineering and Construction Division of Southern California Edison. In each position, part of his responsibility was the development of project management capabilities in technical professionals. In addition, during his tenure with these organizations, he has consulted in the planning
and execution of a variety of projects: the design and construction of The Domenigoni Reservoir in Southern California (a $2 Billion project), installation of SAP systems, new product launches of communication assistance devices, Learning Management Systems, and several gas pipeline projects in the Western United States.
Richard is a member of the Project Management Institute, the International Society for Performance Improvement, The Organization Development Network, & ASTD.
About the PMP Prep Courses
Exam prep courses are offered approximately 4 times per year, on no set schedule.