This page is from a past PMIWDC event.
If this is not what you were looking for, visit the Educational Seminars page to find out about upcoming events, or read more about why PMIWDC does not delete these pages.
Preventing Wac-a-Mole Conflict Management and Growing High
7 PDU’s will be awarded to Seminar participants
Location and Cost
(Fee includes seminar, materials, breakfast, and lunch)
$325.00 Onsite Member Registration
$350.00 Onsite Nonmember Registration
Crowne Plaza Hotel
1960 Chain Bridge Road
McLean, Virginia 22102
Phone: (703) 893-2100
8:00 AM - Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:30 AM - Seminar Begins
4:30 PM - Seminar Ends
Cancellation policy: Full refund of course fee if notification received 48 hours or more before first class begins. No refunds will be made for cancellations received less than 48 hours before the first session.
About the Program
Just like this popular game at the beach arcade, some leaders try to use a Wac-a-Mole approach towards conflict management: address issues randomly, often without a concrete process, reacting vs. responding, lack necessary planning for difficult discussions; he/she often questions whether “hitting the problem over the head” was helpful…even if on target! The result of these efforts, or lack thereof, almost always results in teams that remain stagnant, don’t meet/exceed expectations, survive on minimal trust, lack accountability, have higher turnover, lack conflict management and collaboration skills…i.e. it impacts the financial bottom line and the positive relationships that manufacture results.
In this interactive and fun seminar, participants will engage and walk away with:
- The ability to quantify dollars lost to unaddressed workplace conflict
- Improved processes for managing conflict and growing High Performance Teams (HPT)
- Intersection and application of “Charters” from the worlds of PM and conflict
- Prescriptive and diagnostic model for growing HPT
- Distinctions on trust that impact the bottom line, retention, loyalty and job satisfaction
- The ability to use the “Synergy” Planning Guide – 7 step model for all difficult discussions
- Application of teaching points to participants current and/or past project experience
- Conflict Management and collaboration nuggets!
Forget “Wac-a-Mole” conflict management! Walk away from this seminar with new skills to help you strategically manage conflict, get more out of your team and have fun while getting PDUs.
About the Speaker
As President of Synergy Development and Training, Dave has dedicated his company to helping, businesses, non-profits and government agencies use conflict to increase collaboration, performance and revenue while reducing risk. He helps organizations save money by assisting them to be proactive in preventing and resolving conflicts. Dave’s efforts at the strategic, professional development and employee relations levels result in reduced litigation, increased retention and heightened responses to unforeseen and known conflicts. Dave focuses on helping organizations positively address inevitable conflicts and:
- Get ROI on Lost Conflict Dollars
- Develop Outstanding Leaders and Project Managers
- Build High-Performance Teams
- Increase Levels of Collaboration and Communication
- Manage Individual, Team and Organizational Conflicts
- Design, Customize and Deliver Dynamic Programming
- Improve Culture and Manage Change
Dave Gerber has worked with over 10,000 training participants on all levels of the organizational chart. He supports organization’s C-Suite, Human Resource and professional development solutions through customized training, high performance teams, leadership & conflict coaching opportunities, project management solutions, ADR integrated conflict management systems and more…
Dave has written three books on conflict. He earned his Master's degree in Education from Saint Joseph's University, and his undergraduate degree in Sociology from Ithaca College. He has the ACC coaching distinction which he completed after attending the Leadership Coaching and Senior Executive Leadership Certificate programs at Georgetown University. He also holds Executive Certificates in Negotiation, Leadership, and Business Analysis from Notre Dame and Villanova Universities. He earned five distinct certificates in conflict and mediation from George Mason University’s Northern Virginia Mediation Services (NVMS).
Dave has worked with leaders, HR Directors and employees at all organizational levels from organizations including:
- Novo Nordisk (we currently offer nine courses)
- SAIC, Axiom Resource Management
- U.S. Military, Space & Intelligence Communities
- ManTech International
- NTCA, EPA, ATPCO, PMI
- Dominion Power & National League of Cities
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Medical, Dental & Manufacturing Communities
- Synergy-led, HR community, “On Fire Leadership” Conferences more